Tuesday 28 June 2011

Spice up the romance

Many intending couples get into sex before marriage (which I do not recommend) but it’s surprising to know that all that romance and spark evaporates after the wedding…let’s say…2 to 5 years down the track. In some cases, earlier than that. The romance is all gone! “ they cry. First they have forgotten that the “good feeling” or relationship they had was nurtured to get them through to the wedding. They have also forgotten that the nurturing has to continue to have a successful marriage. Somebody once said the seed to a good relationship is TIME

  • Maybe your man got so busy and hardly has time for you or you are so busy in the kitchen that you don’t have time to “service” your man! Now it’s getting so boring and it's like "how did I get into this?"
  • Maybe you’re so angry at your partner because of the build up of offences that you have allowed or
  • Maybe you’re about to step out of that marriage or begin an affair.
STOP RIGHT THERE!!

First, remember that it’s the same everywhere. If you cannot spice up the marriage you're in what gives you the assurance that you will be able to spice up another marriage or relationship?

Nobody will work on your marriage for you…you have to do the work!!

Do you remember the courtship days? That’s what you want don’t you? But it must start with you! If you make it somebody else' job, nobody’s ever going to do it! A counsellor may speak to you but it still boils down to you and your partner getting back together. No matter what’s happened,

Make it your assignment!!

Do you remember how you felt and the spark you saw in each other’s eyes? How hungry are you for the gentle touch from your spouse? One of the things happening is that you have lost the spark you both had for each other. You have allowed the busy-ness of life to separate you. You have assumed and allowed “unhealthy contentment and extreme commitments” to rob you of the romance you both once enjoyed.

You have forgotten the warmth of romance you both hadd. Maybe you’re not proud of your body, or you simply think that you don’t “service” your wife as you should…But I tell you....IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

Let me give you these tricks:

1.Trust in Jesus – I’m sure He’ll help you. He’s helped me thru and he’s still helping me
2.Do what your husband or wife likes – there’s no way you please somebody and they’ll not be attracted to you
3.Wear some nice underwear/lingerie for your spouse
4.Watch TV together…under a cuddly blanket or something
5.Give him/her a kiss publicly when he’s not expecting it
6.Give him/her a cuddle while doing some house chores. In the kitchen, garden, laundry etc
7.Light the candles and play some good music before he/she comes home.
8.Take her out and speak lots of kind words...shut up! and stop arguing
9.Be patient…keep trying…it will definitely answer
10.Pray, pray and pray some more but never give upGod has brought you together and I’m sure he wants you happy together.
Even if you think you’ve made a mistake, God can still re write your story if you trust Him.

If you need Jesus to help your marriage but yet to accept Jesus please say this prayer with me:“Lord Jesus, I need you, I believe you died for my sins and you rose again from the dead on the third day. Come into my heart and life. Jesus, be my Lord. Teach me your ways and help me through life. Amen”.

 If you said that prayer you are now born again by faith in Jesus Christ. Say this prayer if you need help for your marriage

Lord Jesus, I know you died to give me peace. You are the Prince of Peace. I ask Father that you give me peace in my home.  Help me spice up the romace my spouse and I once had. Help me bring peace to my home in every way. Help my spouse receive your love and peace and help us spice up the romance in our marriage. Thank you Father. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen”

 Like I always say, It may be tough, it may not be easy but it’s worth a try. Thanks for stopping by and please watch this space for more on “Love, marriage, sex and what else??”
God bless you!!

http://foresticdestiny.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=574339676 

3 comments: